Richard joined Wood Mackenzie in 2020 consulting with clients across all energy industry sectors in the Americas Region.
Richard’s professional experience includes operations, finance and transaction work across multiple industries, including banking, corporate development, power and natural gas and refined products, including:
- Eight years as a banker in Houston, Texas
- Nine years in corporate development functions with Pennzoil Company, including international A&D work where he contributed to the expansion of the company’s global blending, marketing and distribution network
- Two years managing Pennzoil Company’s European business unit, expanding the company’s marketing and distribution network in to eastern Europe and parts of the former Soviet Union
- Four years with Enron Corp. as Head of Transaction Structuring and Origination, working with the company’s largest commercial and industrial customers
- Three years with Sempra Energy as VP of Origination, focused on the company’s largest commercial and industrial customers
- Over thirteen years as Principal Consultant with Houston-based boutique energy consultancy Acclaim Energy, working with the firm’s largest clients on distributed energy, tariff analysis, performance improvement, cost reduction and risk mitigation strategies
Richard is a 1980 graduate of Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics.