Investing for success in a lower-carbon future
The summit is free to attend for active paying Wood Mackenzie clients and subscribers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your details to obtain a guest pass.
The past two years have seen extraordinary turbulence in energy and commodity markets. Sanctions on Russia imposed by European countries and their allies, and the end of Covid-related restrictions on activity, have sent prices for many commodities soaring and driven a surge in investment in energy.
At the same time, many governments worldwide are still working to curb greenhouse gas emissions. The Inflation Reduction Act, signed into law in August 2022, has transformed the outlook for all forms of low-carbon energy, from wind and solar to hydrogen and carbon capture, in the US. The EU and other economies have been responding with generous incentives to ensure they do not lose out in the international competition for investment.
How can American energy companies and investors best navigate this rapidly-changing landscape? What key markets, sectors, and technologies are set to succeed in the coming years and decades? What should we expect from key variables such as commodity prices, investment flows, and tax frameworks?
Now in its 6th year, Wood Mackenzie’s Energy & Natural Resources Summit Americas is the flagship event that pulls together expertise from across the entire natural resources chain.
Gain valuable insights from subject matter experts at Wood Mackenzie and industries representing renewable developers and utilities, transmission operators, energy regulatory bodies, investment entities, and technology providers to hear how governments, companies, and investors can successfully transform the way we power the continent’s future growth.
2023 Agenda highlights include:
- How geopolitics will shape energy and commodity markets
- What the pressure to cut emissions means for oil and gas
- How the Inflation Reduction Act is transforming low-carbon energy
- Investing in the refinery of the future
- The future of oil and gas in the energy transition
- Modernizing the grid to support electrification and clean energy at scale
- The new hydrogen industry: from vision to reality
- Will under-investment in oil and gas lead to shortages in the future?
Interested in speaking at the event? Please get in touch with Sarika Sareen at email@example.com for further information.
If you are not a Wood Mackenzie Client or Subscriber, tickets are available at $495 per person.
A ticket to attend includes:
- Exclusive and inspiring insights from the Wood Mackenzie team of subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Peer to peer networking opportunities where you can make essential connections and have crucial conversations
- Access to the event app: Prepare for the event and gain the most from the programme and venue on the day
- Refreshments and lunch
- Re-cap on the essential information with speaker presentation downloads (where permission has been given) post-conference
- The summit is taking place at the Hotel ZaZa Memorial City, Houston, TX View directions
Energy & Natural Resources Summit: Americas 2022 Highlights
Aramco, Apache Corporation, Amazon, Baker Hughes, Bank of America, bp, Braskem, Cheniere Energy, Inc., Chevron, Citigroup, CNOOC, ConocoPhillips, Crescent Point Energy, Deloitte, DNV, Dril-Quip, EDF Renewables, Equinor, Ernst & Young, Exxon Mobil, Flint Hills Resources, Florida Power & Light, Goldman Sachs, Halliburton, Hess Corporation, Honeywell UOP, J.P. Morgan, Macquarie, Marubeni Oil & Gas, Morgan Stanley, Murphy Oil, Oaktree Capital, PEMEX, Petrobras, Repsol, Sasol, Schlumberger, Shell, SK Gas, TechnipFMC, TotalEnergies, UBS, Worley.
Happening on October 11:
The day after the summit, we are hosting our inaugural Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage Conference at the same venue in Houston. If you are interested in attending this event as well, more information and registration is available here.
Hotel ZaZa, Memorial City, Houston, TX
9787 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024
If you plan to stay at the Hotel ZaZa, you may reserve your overnight accommodations at the special room rate by contacting our reservations team by either calling the hotel at 888-880-3244 or emailing our reservations team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the ENRS & CCUS Conference (reference ID: WMC123).
Attendees may also visit the online reservation portal by copying and pasting the following link onto their web browser of choice. Book your room here.