Wood Mackenzie is proud to have been a presenter in the Gulf Petrochemical & Chemicals Association (GPCA) webinar series.
The Tale Of Two Transitions On The Future Of Petrochemicals | November 25th
The webinar covered what the energy transition means for petrochemicals and how the materials transition will change the plastics value chain.
- What are the two transitions?
- What does the energy transition mean for petrochemicals?
- Future of oil demand
- Survival strategy for refiners
- Sustainability of second-generation integrated refinery-petrochemical assets
- Market implications of such sites (competitiveness, feedstock availability concerns for standalone petrochemicals)
- What does the materials transition mean for petrochemicals?
- What can plastics learn from the energy industry’s ambition towards net zero?
- What will more sustainable materials choices mean for plastic demand?
- Bioplastic and chemical recycling: technological saviours or a distraction?
- What could the knock-on impact be for the already challenged refining sector?
- Signposts for Gulf producers to watch
Presenters from Wood Mackenzie:
- Matt Chadwick, VP Petrochemicals
Alan Gelder, VP Refining, Chemicals and Oil Markets – Downstream Global SME
- Guy Bailey, Head of Applications and Intermediates