Inform strategic and commercial decisions
Evolving emissions policies and changing corporate positioning is leading to increased emphasis on the emissions associated with the production and supply of LNG into the global market.
Currently, there is no clear template for what a carbon neutral or “green” LNG cargo is in terms of which emissions are offset. We’ve taken a closer look at these green cargoes, looking at who’s trading them and what defines them as green. Find out more about green LNG cargoes here.
As buyers/regulators/traders become more focussed on the carbon footprint of LNG supplies, there is an increasing desire to understand the competitive positioning of projects based on their carbon intensity, and the potential impact on value of possible carbon costs
The LNG Carbon Emissions Tool provides a transparent, independent and comprehensive assessment of carbon emissions along the LNG value chain.
Individual Cargo View
What can the LNG Carbon Emissions Tool do?
- Determine the carbon emissions for any cargo based on the source, destination and shipping characteristics
- Compare the carbon emissions from multiple LNG projects supplying a regasification terminal, or the emissions from one LNG project into a portfolio of regasification terminals
- Benchmark the emissions intensity of multiple LNG projects, offering a detailed breakdown of the key differences in emissions between projects
Multiple Routes View
What is the scope of the LNG Carbon Emissions Tool?
- Includes emissions estimations for all operational and under construction LNG projects, as well as those we expect to take FID in the next 18 months
- Estimate the CO2 and CH4 emissions from 18 distinct emissions sources along the LNG value chain, from upstream production to gas combustion
- Allows the selection of vessel size, speed, and propulsion technology in calculating the shipping emissions
- Assess the potential carbon liability associated with a cargo based on a selected carbon price
- Offer a clear and transparent description of Wood Mackenzie’s proprietary methodology for the detailed emissions estimationsProject Comparison View
Want to know more?
Read our latest thinking on LNG and how can LNG Carbon Emissions Tool help to analyze all the latest trends below.