Get the insight you need to determine the key challenges and opportunities facing the market. No other provider of research is able to offer this breadth, depth or quality of data. Our coal research enables you to benchmark and analyse the profitability of all key players in the sector, and to stay on top by helping to answer a number of key questions, including:
- What is the outlook for coal prices?
- How will f/x rates and the price of oil affect a mine's competitiveness and profitability?
- How does my company's operations stack up against the competition's?
- How profitable are certain producers in the current market?
- What opportunities might come into play?
- How will the regulatory environment impact my ability to supply particular customers?
The Coal Research Suite offers the following:
Coal Supply Service
Maximise your investments with our analysis of costs, reserves, production, infrastructure, coal quality and mine valuations.
- Asset data by mine covering 1,400 assets, including 400+ greenfield projects. Coverage includes costs, operating margins, production, reserves, quality, productivity, capital expenditures, realised prices, infrastructure, geology, overburden, ownership, net present value and stripping ratio
- Cost curves: created by mine and separated into categories by country, company, product, product sub-type, volatile type and end-market
- Flexing capability with user-generated exchange rates and benchmarked prices to model impact on operating costs and margins
Coal Market Service
Create winning strategies with our in-depth analysis and forecasts of market fundamentals at the global and regional level.
- 20 year long-term forecasts for supply, demand and price: updated bi-annually
- 18-24 month short-term supply, demand and price forecasts: updated monthly
- 102 country supply-demand balances
- 2,700 ocean freight rate route forecasts
- Coverage: Global trade – thermal and metallurgical; Regional – China, India and North America
- Seaborne pricing coverage: 21 (metallurgical, FOB and CFR) and 17 (thermal, FOB and CFR)
- High/low price cases
Global Economic Model - Coal
Value operations, projects and companies in the global coal industry. Screen for opportunities and benchmark assets based on cost and operating margin.
- 500+ companies, 23 fiscal regimes, and 1,400 costed assets
- Fully auditable and transparent calculations
Coal Cost Curve Tool
Benchmark individual assets and companies using our interactive cost and margin curves. Chart the seaborne metallurgical, thermal coal export, and North American domestic sectors
Coal Mapping Tool
Investigate our data on assets, production, reserves, costs and competitor holdings at the mine, basin or regional level using our interactive mapping interface
Our team of 25 full-time coal industry experts has a deep understanding of the coal sector, and our presence on the ground gives us time to get you the detailed information you need. We work with producers and operators to get deeper into cost data, and we collect and cleanse demand data and spot trends, risks and opportunities before anyone else. Furthermore, our data, models and analysis span the entire energy value chain from oil and gas through to iron ore and steel, giving you unrivalled insight into the wider energy and mining markets.