Discuss your challenges with our solutions experts
Contact an Expert
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
Wood Mackenzie was hired by a state-owned energy enterprise to advise on Australian power market dynamics for potential investment opportunities.
Wood Mackenzie utilized proprietary hourly power dispatch model for Australian market and develop a comprehensive study detailing:
1. Wholesale power price forecasts under different sensitivity scenarios
2. Regulatory structure and legal environment
3. Energy demand and energy mix forecasts
4. The structure of the power industry in terms of generation, transmission, distribution and retail
5. Key market players and with the role of off-taker discussed in detail
6. Power offtake strategy supported by detailed analysis on merchant, traditional, hybrid and corporate PPA structures
Wood Mackenzie’s analysis was well-received by senior company executives and our recommendations have been incorporated as part of the investment decision.