Asia Pacific Power & Renewables Service
Foundational data and analysis for 70+ regions covering 98% of Asia Pacific power demand
Capture changes in technologies, regulations, and markets to identify risks and be ready for opportunity
Discuss your challenges with our Power & Renewables experts
Contact an Expert
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
In the past decade Asia Pacific markets have still relied mainly on conventional power technologies to meet new power demand, with over 80% of new power output coming from coal, gas, nuclear and hydro. Along the way, renewable power has also been quickly ramping up. The region’s wind and solar installed base produced an estimated 790 Terawatt-hours (TWh) of electricity in 2019, enough to displace coal-fired power plants that would emit 700 million tons of carbon dioxide per year.
As we look to the 2020s, a key question will be whether renewable power can further displace conventional fuels to supply incremental demand in growing Asian markets.
The Asia Pacific Power & Renewables service is designed to help you streamline investment opportunity screening including for renewables, improve asset portfolio strategy, and provide the necessary data and information needed to navigate across the diverse and rapidly growing Asia Pacific markets.
Features at a glance
Whether you are assessing market opportunities or strategic positioning, carving out a supply-chain strategy, planning your next renewables energy project investment or looking for value enhancement of your power assets, our service is here to support with foundational data and analysis.
Access to this service includes:
- Technology cost competitiveness report: annual update report on power generation costs (LCOE) based on expert data inputs and local market dynamics by region to 2050, including all power technology including utility and distributed solar PV, onshore and offshore wind, nuclear, hydro, coal-fired and gas-fired power
- Regional integrated power outlooks: bi-annual updates on power demand growth, capacity build, generation, wholesale and retail prices, capture prices, retirements, and hourly generation profiles
- Country power market reports: in-depth research on trends, risks, opportunities, company profiles, and regional market dynamics, covering 12 key power markets across the region, including Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and Vietnam
- Technology market reports: annual reports analyzing the competitive landscape, policy dynamics, growth drivers for wind, solar and energy storage technologies
- Topical market-driven insights: timely, impactful analysis on policy, demand, technology trends, procurement and M&A activity shaping the Asia Pacific power and renewables markets
- Proprietary database: project tracking and segmentation by country, owner, size and other project data, plus power asset M&A database
sub-regions across 12 key Asia Pacific markets
of Asia Pacific power demand
data points covering historical data and forecasts
30-year outlook into 2050
for capacity, volume and price