1 minute read
In this report, Wood Mackenzie has developed three scenarios to study the US renewable market evolution:
- The Base Case was developed using Wood Mackenzie's H1 2020 Federal Carbon case and can be viewed as WoodMac's most likely scenario, given current policy initiatives.
- Scenario 1 is based on federal government administrative action enabling transmission expansion, renewable expansion in federal land and water, and accelerated permitting.
- Scenario 2 is based on a nationwide 50% Renewable Energy Standard, in addition to administrative action.
The report finds that administrative action can enable a doubling of renewable energy penetration within the next decade. To reach this goal, transmission focused policies will be critical. The ensuing growth in renewables would be a major source of economic stimulus over the next ten years.
Complete the form to download the complete 44-page report.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Scenario 1 - Administrative action
- Scenario 1 economic development opportunity
- Scenario 2 - Nationwide 50% renewable energy target
- Scenario 2 economic development opportunity
- Supply chain impacts