Agua Rica is a copper-gold-molybdenum porphyry deposit. The base case scenario calls for an open pit operation with the ore treated in a 110kt/d concentrator. For the first five years the mine will produce a clean concentrate. After five years the plant will be converted to dual lines, one line producing a clean concentrate (80% of output). The other 20% will have a high arsenic content and will further treated on site via leaching and pressure oxidation to produce a gold dore. It is assumed that the mine will use the existing facilities at Alumbrera which is due to be depleted by 2017. To help advance the project, Yamana signed a streaming deal with Sandstorm Gold.
This report includes 2 file(s)
Agua Rica copper mine project PDF - 636.49 KB 7 Pages, 2 Tables, 1 Figures
Agua Rica copper mine project XLS - 545.00 KB
This Copper Metals Mine report provides a detailed analysis of the cost profile, geology, reserves and future production for this mine, as well as a detailed location map.
Copper producers, advisors and financial companies can use this report to better understand asset value and efficiency of the operation. It will also help you benchmark against similar mines, identify acquisition opportunities and examine evolving cost structures to strengthen business strategies.
Wood Mackenzie's cost methodology is the established global industry standard, relied on by the world’s leading investment banks and mining companies to make strategic, operational and investment decisions.
Our analysts are based in the markets they analyse, working with high-quality proprietary cost databases and cost curve analyses to write consistent and reliable insights. Our database includes over 2,450 asset analyses covering more than 1,000 companies worldwide.
Wood Mackenzie's clients include every major player in the global energy, metals and mining industries. We are recognised as a leading authority by international and national energy, metals and mining companies, leading financial institutions, governments and government agencies. We work with a range of diverse teams within our clients, from strategy and policy makers, business developers and market analysts, through to corporate finance, risk teams and investors.
Having Wood Mac analysis is table-stakes. Others are nice to have.
Analyst Metal Mining Producer
Wood Mac has the highest quality data and is demanded by our staff.
Portfolio Manager Integrated Oil Company
Others can provide data but we value the quality of the Wood Mac analysis above other sources.
As the trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world's natural resources sector for more than 40 years, we empower clients to make better strategic decisions with objective analysis and advice. Find out more...
Asset report | May 2017
Agua Rica copper mine project
Have questions? Just let us know how to contact you and we will respond to you as soon as possible.