The refinery is located at Changhang, 180km south of Seoul on the west coast of Korea. Copper smelting commenced at Changhang in 1936 and the refinery with a capacity of 15kt/a cathode was added in 1974. The refinery was expanded to a capacity of 50kt/a in 1977 and, subsequently, minor improvements had resulted in a capacity of 55kt/a cathode by 1996. In 1997 capacity was increased further to 60kt/a by increasing current density to 240A/m2. At this stage the plant was operated by LG...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 2 images and tables including: