The refinery is located in Mexico City and has good road and rail links. The casting plant was originally located with the tankhouse in Mexico City, but environmental concerns forced a partial relocation to Celaya, Guanajuato, 270km north-west of Mexico City. Only anode scrap is now re-melted and cast in Mexico City. The plant was commissioned in 1946 with a capacity of 10.8kt/a cathode. By 1984 capacity had reached 120kt/a and a further increase to 150kt/a was achieved by the...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 2 images and tables including: