The refinery is located at Copper Cliff, near Sudbury, Ontario, and has good road and rail links. The plant was constructed in 1929-30 and is approximately 2km from the Copper Cliff smelter. Blister copper was delivered from the copper/nickel smelter in 100t refractory-lined torpedo cars and anode furnacing and casting were carried out at the refinery (see below). During 1986-1988 a US$12M project was undertaken to introduce automation of many labour-intensive activities, such as anode...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 2 images and tables including: