Report summaryThe Flin Flon copper smelter was commissioned in 1930 to treat concentrate from the Flin Flon mine. At commissioning the smelter operated three roasters, a coal fired reverberatory furnace, two Peirce-Smith converters and a casting wheel for 180kg blister cakes. A fourth roaster was added in 1936 and a third converter was added in 1940. In 1951, a drying plant to enable the treatment of leach residue from the on-site zinc smelter and a slag fuming plant to recover zinc from reverberatory...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Flin Flon copper smelter PDF - 584.14 KB 5 Pages, 6 Tables, 2 Figures
- Flin Flon copper smelter.xls XLS - 444.00 KB