Report summaryThe smelter was commissioned in 1939 with one green feed reverberatory furnace and two 4.0m x 9.1m Peirce-Smith converters, with production cast as blister sows. A third converter was added in 1941 and a reverberatory fire-refining furnace was installed in 1942. A fourth converter was installed in 1971 followed by a double contact acid plant to treat converter gases in 1974. The reverberatory furnace was replaced by an Inco flash furnace together with an associated 410t/d oxygen plant in...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Hurley copper smelter PDF - 477.95 KB 6 Pages, 6 Tables, 2 Figures
- Hurley copper smelter.xls XLS - 444.00 KB