The refinery is located in Walsall near Birmingham and has excellent road links. Anodes are supplied from a secondary copper smelter on the same site. Fire refining commenced on the site in the 1917 and electrolytic refining was introduced in 1950. The capacity was expanded to 62kt/a cathode in the late 1960s by the construction of a second tankhouse. In November 1991, IMI signed a contract with MIM to use Isa process technology. The intention was to permit the production of grade 'A'...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 2 images and tables including: