Newman - Eastern Ridge is a medium sized iron ore producing complex consisting of Orebodies 25 (OB25) and 24 (OB24). BHP Billiton owns 85% of Eastern Ridge; the remaining 15% of the mine is owned by joint venture partners Itochu and Mitsui. BHP Billiton has undertaken major cost cutting since 2013. C1 operating costs at Eastern Ridge have fallen from ~US$35/tonne to an estimated US$18/tonne in 2016 through a combination of standardising equipment, overhead reductions, mine productivity and spreading of costs over additional tonnes. The depreciating Australian dollar and lower oil prices have also played a large role.
This report includes 2 file(s)
Newman - Eastern Ridge iron ore mine PDF - 460.67 KB 8 Pages, 10 Tables, 3 Figures
Newman - Eastern Ridge.xls XLS - 209.50 KB
This Iron Ore Metals Mine report provides a detailed analysis of the cost profile, geology, reserves and future production for this mine, as well as a detailed location map.
Iron ore producers, advisors and financial companies can use this report to better understand asset value and efficiency of the operation. It will also help you benchmark against similar mines, identify acquisition opportunities and examine evolving cost structures to strengthen business strategies.
Wood Mackenzie's cost methodology is the established global industry standard, relied on by the world’s leading investment banks and mining companies to make strategic, operational and investment decisions.
Our analysts are based in the markets they analyse, working with high-quality proprietary cost databases and cost curve analyses to write consistent and reliable insights. Our database includes over 2,450 asset analyses covering more than 1,000 companies worldwide.
Wood Mackenzie's clients include every major player in the global energy, metals and mining industries. We are recognised as a leading authority by international and national energy, metals and mining companies, leading financial institutions, governments and government agencies. We work with a range of diverse teams within our clients, from strategy and policy makers, business developers and market analysts, through to corporate finance, risk teams and investors.
Having Wood Mac analysis is table-stakes. Others are nice to have.
Analyst Metal Mining Producer
Wood Mac has the highest quality data and is demanded by our staff.
Portfolio Manager Integrated Oil Company
Others can provide data but we value the quality of the Wood Mac analysis above other sources.
As the trusted source of commercial intelligence for the world's natural resources sector for more than 40 years, we empower clients to make better strategic decisions with objective analysis and advice. Find out more...
Asset report | May 2016
Newman - Eastern Ridge iron ore mine
Have questions? Just let us know how to contact you and we will respond to you as soon as possible.