Report summaryThe smelter was commissioned with four reverberatory furnaces in 1932. A fifth was added in 1952 and all units were enlarged in the late 1950s . By 1961 capacity was 325kt/a. During the 1980s capacity was eroded to 220kt/a and in 1990 two furnaces were replaced by an oxy-fuel fired unit to regain capacity. Major commissioning problems were encountered with this furnace. In August 1994 a Teniente converter was added, again with major commissioning problems. The reverberatory furnaces had...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Nkana copper smelter PDF - 544.70 KB 6 Pages, 6 Tables, 2 Figures
- Nkana copper smelter.xls XLS - 447.00 KB