Report summaryThe refinery is located in Istanbul and has good road, rail and sea links. The refinery was commissioned in 1957 with a capacity of 40kt/a cathode. Anodes for the tankhouse were provided by an onsite casting plant. Initially, the casting plant treated blister and purchased scrap but in latter years the charge was scrap only. A Southwire CCR plant and wire drawing facilities are located on the same site. In 1997 the refinery was closed down due to a shortage of scrap feed.
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Rabak copper refinery PDF - 582.45 KB 3 Pages, 1 Tables, 1 Figures
- Rabak copper refinery XLS - 494.00 KB