Deal Insight

Total sells its operated Norwegian assets to Statoil for US$1.45 billion

From

$1,650.00

You can pay by card or invoice

From

$1,650.00

You can pay by card or invoice

Get this Deal Insight as part of a subscription

Enquire about subscriptions

Already have a subscription? Sign In

Further information

Pay by Invoice or Credit Card FAQs

Contact us

Submit your details to receive further information about this report.

For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
 

Report summary

Total has announced the sale of its only two operated assets in Norway, to Statoil for US$1.45 billion. This comes off the back of the French Major's acquisition of Maersk Oil, and its decision to locate North Sea operational headquarters in Copenhagen. Statoil will pick up 51% of the under-development Martin Linge project (taking its stake to 70%; the Norway state holds the remaining 30%), and a 40% stake in pre-FID Garantiana (partners are Aker BP and Point Resources).We value the ...

What's included

This report contains

  • Document

    Total sells its operated Norwegian assets to Statoil for US$1.45 billion

    PDF 294.59 KB

Table of contents

  • Executive summary
  • Transaction details
    • Martin Linge
    • Garantiana
  • Deal analysis
  • Upsides and risks
  • Strategic rationale
  • Oil & gas pricing and assumptions

Tables and charts

This report includes 8 images and tables including:

Tables

  • Executive summary: Table 1
  • Deal analysis: Table 1
  • Deal analysis: Table 2
  • Deal analysis: Table 3
  • Oil & gas pricing and assumptions: Table 1
  • Oil & gas pricing and assumptions: Table 2
  • Upstream assets: Table 1

Images

  • Statoil and Total pre-deal costs and production in Martin Linge and Garantiana

Questions about this report?

  • Europe:
    +44 131 243 4400
  • Americas:
    +1 713 470 1600
  • Asia Pacific:
    +65 6518 0800