Report summaryA plant, owned and operated by Sulfacid SA, was initially established in 1950 to produce acid (100tpd) by processing sphalerite ore. Zinc was a by-product and was sold as sintered carbon-zinc pellets to a plant in the south of Argentina. The electrolytic smelter was commissioned in 1963 with a capacity of 6.5kt/a and was then owned and operated by AR Zinc SA. Capacity was increased to 15kt/a in 1965. In 1970 a second sulphuric acid plant was installed, and then in 1971, capacity was...
This report includes 1 file(s)
- Sulfacid zinc smelter PDF - 782.20 KB 5 Pages, 1 Tables, 2 Figures