- Mined in over 50 countries, coal generates much of the world's electricity and is integral to steel production
- Developed and developing countries depend on both thermal and metallurgical coal
- However, overcapacity, weakening demand and environmental policies have impacted coal prices
How we help you
- Reliable data and analysis to help you identify opportunities and make investment decisions
- Detailed reserves, production and cost benchmarking of coal mines globally
- Over 20 years experience and a comprehensive global coal proprietary database
- Thermal and metallurgical price outlooks, based on the global demand and supply balance
- Insightful commentary on emerging coal trends
- Everything you need to plan, forecast and succeed in the coal market
Wood Mackenzie projects that coal will continue to be challenged by natural gas over our forecast period.
Yancoal leads in bidding for Coal & Allied assets
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.