- Mined in over 50 countries, coal generates much of the world's electricity and is integral to steel production
- Developed and developing countries depend on both thermal and metallurgical coal
- However, overcapacity, weakening demand and environmental policies have impacted coal prices
How we help you
- Reliable data and analysis to help you identify opportunities and make investment decisions
- Detailed reserves, production and cost benchmarking of coal mines globally
- Over 20 years experience and a comprehensive global coal proprietary database
- Thermal and metallurgical price outlooks, based on the global demand and supply balance
- Insightful commentary on emerging coal trends
- Everything you need to plan, forecast and succeed in the coal market
2017 should be an exciting year for coal, with uncertainties around China , global producers expanding and the large M&A potential.
Ryan Zinke, President Trump's nominee for Interior Secretary, expected to review recent BLM action on federal coal leases
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.