- Mined in over 50 countries, coal generates much of the world's electricity and is integral to steel production
- Developed and developing countries depend on both thermal and metallurgical coal
- However, overcapacity, weakening demand and environmental policies have impacted coal prices
How we help you
- Reliable data and analysis to help you identify opportunities and make investment decisions
- Detailed reserves, production and cost benchmarking of coal mines globally
- Over 20 years experience and a comprehensive global coal proprietary database
- Thermal and metallurgical price outlooks, based on the global demand and supply balance
- Insightful commentary on emerging coal trends
- Everything you need to plan, forecast and succeed in the coal market
A series of events have unfolded recently that have brought carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology back into the spotlight.
During recent supply shocks, coking coal prices have peaked just over US$300/t FOB. One key driver is the impact on margins at steel mills.
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.