- Mined in over 50 countries, coal generates much of the world's electricity and is integral to steel production
- Developed and developing countries depend on both thermal and metallurgical coal
- However, overcapacity, weakening demand and environmental policies have impacted coal prices
How we help you
- Reliable data and analysis to help you identify opportunities and make investment decisions
- Detailed reserves, production and cost benchmarking of coal mines globally
- Over 20 years experience and a comprehensive global coal proprietary database
- Thermal and metallurgical price outlooks, based on the global demand and supply balance
- Insightful commentary on emerging coal trends
- Everything you need to plan, forecast and succeed in the coal market
China coal short-term outlook August 2017: regulated domestic output and declining imports tighten market
Tight supply supported prices, but updated 2+26 policy will further impact demand.
Premium HCC prices break the US$200/t barrier
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.