Iron Ore and Steel
- Steel, of which iron ore and metallurgical coal are key ingredients, has become instrumental to modern human development
- However, turbulence in the Chinese economy and chronic over capacity have weakened steel and iron ore markets globally
- Producing or trading in these markets requires deep understanding of market dynamics
How we help you
- Reliable data and analysis to help you identify opportunities and make investment decisions
- Detailed assessment and benchmarking of iron ore mines and steel plants
- Global iron ore and steel supply analysis, drawing from our proprietary database
- Long and short term price outlooks, based on the global demand and supply balance
- Insightful commentary on emerging iron ore and steel trends
- Everything you need to plan, forecast and succeed in the iron ore and steel markets
Chinese stimulus has boosted short-term steel demand and raised global prices. The effects will not last; long-term growth will be sluggish.
Price forecast for 2017/18 raised by 5% but our longer term view remains unchanged with prices falling to a low of $45/t CFR (real) in 2018.
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.