Oil and Gas Exploration
- Company performance in exploration varies widely - winners win big, but many fail too
- Explorers have discovered vast volumes in new fields but less than half these recent finds look commercial
- Economics depend on geological risk, full-cycle costs, fiscal terms and local markets
- Basin and play choice is critical to exploration success and demands rigorous analysis
How we help you
- Evaluate the strategy and recent performance of leading exploration companies
- Keep track of planned exploration and appraisal wells
- Screen prospects, plays and basins, compare volume potential, understand value drivers and identify risks, backed by robust proprietary data
- Analyse exploration trends and future potential by basin, region, water depth and maturity
- Expert opinion on emerging exploration themes and the latest discoveries
Cautious optimism returns to the deepwater GoM as the total bid amount increases after five years of decline.
The 111 blocks were awarded to 17 companies. This included four majors - BP, ExxonMobil, Statoil and Shell.
Refine your view by selecting one or more locations.
Refine your view by selecting one or more topics.