Data Privacy Notice for California Business Contact Personal Information – California Consumers
DATE OF LAST UPDATE: 12/19/2022
This Data Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies solely to California consumers (hereinafter, “you” or “your”) whose business contact personal information Wood Mackenzie (hereinafter, “we” “our” or “us”) collected from our services providers and/or customers and their vendors to aid in providing or receiving a product or service.
Personal information we collect
We have collected personal information in the following categories within the last 12 months:
Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, account name, or other similar identifiers
Personal information categories listed in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e)
Name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information
Records of personal property and products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history; performance evaluations
Our use of sensitive personal information
We do not use your sensitive personal information
Sources from which we obtain personal information
We may obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you: for example, from forms you complete, or products and services offered to you through us, as well as when you communicate with us, such as when you send an e-mail or communication through a social media platform
- Indirectly from you: for example, from action you take when visiting our websites or that is collected automatically
- Clients and third parties in connection with products and services they provide to you
- Clients and third parties in connection with products and services you provide to them
- From our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Publicly available sources
Purposes for which personal information is collected
We may use personal information that we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill the reason the information was provided: for example, to provide the product or service requested
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our business
- To develop, maintain the quality or safety of, improve, upgrade, or enhance our products and services
- To advertise and market our products and services and to determine the effectiveness of such advertising and marketing
- To administer our websites
- As required or necessary in response to law enforcement requests or to comply with applicable law, court orders, or governmental regulations
- To perform auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- To detect security incidents
- To resist and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- To identify and repair errors that impair existing intended website functionality
- To perform services on behalf of, or for, clients or service providers, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of clients or service providers
Categories of third parties that we disclose personal information to
- Affiliates and subsidiaries
- service providers and sub-processors that perform services for us, our affiliates, and/or subsidiaries.
- Clients for which we perform services
- Vendors of Clients for which we perform services
Purposes for which we disclose personal information to third parties
We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To fulfil contractual obligations with clients and service providers,
- To complete e-commerce transactions, and
- To provide technical and analytical support for customers.
Selling or Sharing of personal information
“Selling” means the selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Sharing” means sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising.
We do not sell or share consumers’ personal information.
To opt-out from Wood Mackenzie emails you may submit your request online here:
We will still send you legally required emails such as transaction receipts from online purchases and confirmations of event registrations.
Your rights regarding your personal information
- The right to know what personal information has been collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the purpose(s) for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information (as applicable), and the categories of third parties to whom personal information has been disclosed
- The right to delete personal information collected about you, subject to certain exceptions
- The right to correct inaccurate information that we maintain about you
Exercising your rights
To exercise your rights, you or your authorized agent may contact us at:
In order for us to process your request, we may ask that you provide information that reflects your name and current or prior address(es), such as a billing statement, utility bill, or driver’s license. Any information collected will only be used for identity and address verification purposes and you may delete information such as account numbers, balances, and license number from any such documents prior to submitting to us.
Nondiscrimination / No retaliation
You will not receive discriminatory treatment or be retaliated against for exercising any of your rights as described above or otherwise in accordance with applicable law.