Prepare for a lower carbon future using a consistent, transparent and standardised view
Asset-by-asset forecasts for Upstream to 2064 and Downstream and key Metals and Mining value chains to 2040.
Interrogate data by region, country, company, resource theme, field type, development status or asset name
Carbon Pricing & Policy Risk
Assess the likelihood and stringency of carbon regulation in 160+ countries.
Understand which assets are more exposed to potential carbon costs, or where you may need to reduce emissions to comply with regulations.
Ensure investment decisions are robust under multiple different scenarios.
Design your own carbon price assumptions, or our risk index and carbon price forecasts, to understand how they would impact asset and corporate valuations.
Comparing companies’ and assets’ emissions profiles, risks and liabilities on a like-for-like basis
We provide lifecycle analysis of GHG emissions from cradle to grave, looking at Scope 1, 2 and 3
Upstream Scope 1 and 2
Including: Drilling, production complexity, processing complexity, flaring, venting, liquefaction losses, methane losses, ecosystem disruption.
Downstream Scope 1 and 2
Including: Fuel, FCC, electricity, hydrogen production and flaring.
Metals and Mining Scope 1 and 2
Including: Mining, fuel oil, smelter, coal, coke, gas, electricity
Oil and Gas Scope 3
Including: Transport and shipping, refining, downstream transport, distribution and end-use.
Metals and Mining Scope 3
Oil & Gas
- Asset by asset emissions forecasts for global upstream assets and refineries
- Leverage Wood Mackenzie’s proprietary database of 31,000+ upstream assets and strategic refinery simulation model
- Assess the likelihood and stringency of carbon regulation on over 90 oil and gas producing countries
- Understand how your portfolio and assets compare with peer portfolios or assets
- Understand emissions profiles and risks associated with acquisition targets
- Inform strategic decisions on portfolio composition and mitigation opportunities
Metals & Mining
- Asset by asset emissions forecasts for the key metals and mining value chains and analyse how you can reduce emissions to meet targets
- Leverage Wood Mackenzie’s comprehensive industry coverage of over 3,600 metals and mining operations
- Assess the likelihood and stringency of carbon regulation on the metals and mining sectors in 62 countries
- Understand how your portfolio and assets compare with peers portfolios and assets
- See the global emissions footprint of the metals and mining industry
- Develop portfolio and investment strategies based on a solid understanding of opportunity and risk