Wood Mackenzie is proud to be a sponsor for VANIR JAPAN POWER WEEK 2023 and will host a lunch event where our Japan power team will be sharing insights on how the nation’s decarbonization goal and its market liberalization impact the power outlooks and mid-term prices.
Date and time: 12pm-2pm, Thursday, 19 October
Venue: Tekko Building, 1-8-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo (View on map)
12:00-13:00: Presentation & Lunch
13:00-14:00: Q&A and Networking
Theme and topics
Japan’s power market dynamics – insights on asset dispatch trends, capacity mix, and power price forecast
- Japan’s power market outlook – additional renewable capacity, nuclear restarts, and its impact on power prices
- Dispatch trends of thermal and pumped storage plants, fuel costs, and their relevance to Japan’s power price dynamics
- Real-time generation data and market forecasting
- Price & Generation forecasts, and on-demand insights into the factors behind supply and demand fundamentals across Japan’s power market zones (using Wood Mackenzie’s EPSI scenario modelling tool)
- Yamato Kawamata, Senior Power Market Analyst, APAC Power & Renewables Research, Wood Mackenzie
- Zaher Daher, Senior Research Manager, Wood Mackenzie
Please fill in the form to secure your seat at our lunch event if you are interested in the topic. For any enquiries, please email Luis.Catalan@woodmac.com.
Registration will close on 12 October, Thursday.
About Wood Mackenzie
Wood Mackenzie is the global insight business for renewables, energy and natural resources. Driven by data. Powered by people. In the middle of an energy revolution, businesses and governments need reliable and actionable insight to lead the transition to a sustainable future. That’s why we cover the entire supply chain with unparalleled breadth and depth, backed by over 50 years’ experience in natural resources. Today, our team of over 2,000 experts operate across 30 global locations, inspiring customers’ decisions through real-time analytics, consultancy, events and thought leadership. Together, we deliver the insight they need to separate risk from opportunity and make bold decisions when it matters most.
Learn more about our power and renewables research: https://www.woodmac.com/industry/power-and-renewables/power-markets/
About VANIR JAPAN POWER WEEK 2023
Tokyo, Japan | 16 - 19 October 2023
Empowering connections. Unleashing potential. Where global traders converge with local players for an exchange of ideas.