What's inside this year's report?
Last year was another eventful year in the battery raw materials space. EV sales continued to see strong growth, with Chinese sales alone surging 160% year-on-year to exceed 3.5 million units. This booming demand tested supply chains, with spot prices for all key battery inputs rising over the course of the year. On the technology front, the LFP renaissance strengthened further.
In this insight, we pick out five key themes we’ll be watching closely in 2022:
- Lithium – can the good times continue?
- Cobalt – the return of Mutanda
- Graphite – coming back to life?
- Battery pack costs to increase?
- Junior battery manufacturers to break further ground in Europe