Global upstream | 5 themes to watch in 2020
1 minute read
How accurate were last year's predictions?
What's inside this year's report?
The level of uncertainty and anxiety among upstream producers and supply chain has rarely been higher. Decision-making will be more heavily influenced by sentiment surrounding the energy transition, political upheaval and trade disputes in 2020 than in previous years. This adds to the ever-present risks of unexpected supply-demand imbalance, niche cost inflation or a global economic downturn.
- Upstream capex will remain flat
- Sanctioned volumes will be huge, and gas weighted
- Excess supply chain capacity keeps costs lower for longer
- Tight oil will slow down, but once again be resilient
- Exploration will be under real pressure but will create value.
For an in-depth discussion of the five things to watch in the global upstream oil and gas, download the report. Fill in the form on this page to get your copy.