Australia's electricity reliability challenge
Latest articles by MarkView Mark Hutchinson's full profile
The energy sector is undergoing a major transition, driven by changing technologies, new business models, increasing consumer engagement and climate change policy. In this latest webinar Mark Hutchinson, Head of Power & Renewables Consulting, and Zi Sheng Neoh, Managing Consultant, Power & Renewables, address and answer the following key questions that are shaping the market.
- Does coal or gas feature in the outlook for forecast energy production in Australia?
- Will a new reliability policy take over from the NEG?
- With emerging renewables & batteries and FCAS being a small life support to existing peaking plants; how are they going to sustain their operations under the current power market?
- What will the Australian government do to drive the retail power prices down?
- Will the renewables industry continue to grow without federal policies and clear support for new investments?