Wood Mackenzie was engaged by an international wind giant to conduct a Taiwanese offshore wind and power market study for potential investment opportunities.
Wood Mackenzie utilized its proprietary hourly power dispatch model for the Taiwanese market and produced an in-depth review of the power and offshore wind sector which included:
- Views on phase-out of coal and the continuation of nuclear and the effects on the power market
- Current and future regulatory structure of the Taiwanese power market and key players
- Wholesale power price forecasts
- Energy demand and energy mix forecasts
- Impact of current transmission infrastructure and future expansion on offshore wind power plants
- Merit order for power dispatch on a competitive basis under multiple fuel price and renewables growth scenarios
- Intermittency forecast (wind farm prices post PPA / FiT period)
- View on revenue streams of Taiwan liberalised power market and revenue streams for wind farms post PPA period
Leveraging the industry knowledge in the Taiwan power market, offshore wind technology and supply chain, Wood Mackenzie prepared a comprehensive report which was included in the client’s investment committee meetings for investment decisions.
The client approached Wood Mackenzie for similar studies in other Asian markets.