US Solar Market Insight™ is a collaboration between the Solar Energy Industries Association® (SEIA®) and Wood Mackenzie Power & Renewables that brings the most in-depth analysis and forecasts on the solar industry to professionals in the form of quarterly and annual reports.
Each quarter, we gather a complete account of industry trends in the US photovoltaic (PV) market via comprehensive surveys and datasets from installers, manufacturers, utilities and state agencies. The result is the most relevant industry data and dynamic market analysis available.
The US Solar Market Insight™ Reports are offered in two different versions — the Full Report and the Executive Summary.
The quarterly Full Reports are comprehensive, timely perspectives on the PV sector. These versions are approximately 60 pages in length and include detailed, written insights from our analysts as well as state-level breakdowns of installations, costs, manufacturing and demand projections. The full reports feature the following:
- Installations by market segment for all 50 US states plus Washington, D.C.
- Installed cost by market segment
- Demand projections for the next 5 to 10 years by market segment and state
- State-by-state strategic market analysis
- Component supply and pricing across the value chain
The Full Report is available for purchase individually or as part of an annual subscription.
Each quarter's free Executive Summary provides an overview of the current state of the PV market in the US. Executive Summaries feature the following level of analysis and detail:
- National aggregate capacity additions
- National weighted average installed price
- National aggregate number of installations
To download the free executive summary, please complete the form at the top of the page.
Already a Wood Mackenzie solar customer? Access the report here.
Are you a member of SEIA?
Use code SEIAMEMBER at checkout to get your exclusive discount on the report.