Which deepwater plays are still attractive?
With the downturn lasting longer than most expected, explorers and developers alike are directing their scarce capital towards deepwater's sweet spots. As a result, the geography has narrowed. In the three years before the downturn, there were 23 countries with more than five deepwater wildcats completed. Since the start of 2015, only nine countries — those with the lowest breakeven prices and easiest commercialisation — have reached this mark.
In this report we explore:
- The location of deepwater sweet spots
- Key subsurface characteristics of deepwater sweet spots
- Breakeven prices of deepwater developments
- Deepwater yet-to-find potential
- Most valuable deepwater opportunities