Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
Understand the commercial and strategic drivers of PBT supply/demand, price & volume forecasts, and leading market trends for both intermediates, polymers, and its applications.
Discuss your challenges with our solutions experts
Contact an Expert
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
Power your commercial decisions with proprietary modelling tools, whether your interest is in polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) feedstocks, intermediates, polymers or end-use markets from fibres to film and engineering plastics.
Our research and data help businesses in the PBT industry make crucial decisions based on supply/demand and pricing throughout the value chain. From raw materials through intermediates and polymers to all of the significant end-use applications including fibres, engineering plastics and films.
Features at a glance
For the polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) industry, we offer 2 services:
- Polybutylene terephthalate short-term service
- Polybutylene terephthalate long-term service
PBT short-term service
Gain an integrated view of global short-term supply and demand, capacities and pricing with granular analysis and expert insights of chemical markets.
This monthly subscription covers market news and analysis, reference prices and trade data for feedstocks, intermediates, PBT polymer, and fibres for Asia, the Americas and Europe.
In addition to the benchmark industry analysis, you benefit from access to our consultants, an online database with current and historic prices and a 12-month rolling forecast.
PBT long-term service
Optimise your commercial strategy with an integrated view of long-term market dynamics and strategic insights of global chemical markets.
Explore and evaluate trends and growth opportunities in the global PBT industry with our comprehensive yearly overview of supply and demand trends. Whether you are a business analyst, marketing director, sourcing executive or product manager, use our detailed database to understand where growth opportunities lie and to analyse the outlook for PBT polymers and intermediates.
The PBT long-term service includes:
- A detailed scenario analysis by region
- A detailed balance of each step of the value chain, from the intermediates to the major application segments including consumption, production, import/export and capacities
- A list of all plant capacities for each of the intermediates, polymers and applications (engineering plastics and fibres)
- Data from 2005 to 2050
- Examine the outlook on production costs and profitability for PBT, intermediates and fibres
- Recognise pricing and demand patterns for both polymer and intermediates
- Understand the supply/demand outlook both globally and on a regional level
- Identify inter-regional trade patterns and arbitrage opportunities
- Assess the impact of plant outages, supply restrictions, technology changes and competitors’ business models and strategies
- Identify opportunities and manage risk in the PBT segments