What's inside this year's report?
The oil and gas sector will continue its bounceback in 2022, with another year of record cash flows. But the positive outlook is tempered by concerns about the future.
The upstream industry must respond to the implications of the pledges made at COP26. Resource-rich governments must set a course for the industry to follow.
In Global upstream: 5 things to look for in 2022 we look at the themes to watch, including:
- Record cash flows under scrutiny
- Oil and gas reinvestment rates remain critical
- Operators walk the walk on Scope 1 and 2 emissions
- Cracks in the fragile service sector widen
- Explorers keep options open for the energy transition