What's inside this year's report?
We expected major milestones in 2020 such as record levels of production, multiple greenfield project sanctions and increased M&A activity.
Those expectations may have been confounded, but the US Gulf of Mexico remained relatively unscathed. Production dropped by just 4% from 2019, and no major projects were cancelled.
So what can we expect in 2021?
In US Gulf of Mexico: 5 things to look for in 2021 our experts give their take on the key themes for the year ahead.
- Political risk muddies the water in US GoM
- Stalemate in the M&A market
- Rebound in production and investment
- Bold operational statements
- Carbon emissions targets intensify