Version April 2022
- Registration.Each User must register on the SCIP Site before Users are authorized to participate on the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform.
- User Names and Passwords.Each User will choose a unique user name and password upon registration. Each Participating Company agrees to take all reasonable precautions to maintain as confidential the user names and passwords of its Users. Each Participating Company agrees not to provide access to the Energy Intelligence Platform to any persons other than authorized Users through use of their user names or passwords and to notify Wood Mackenzie upon becoming aware of any loss or theft of a user name or password or an unauthorized use of the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform or a user name or password. A Participating Company will be responsible for all use of its user names and passwords by any person or entity. At is sole discretion and at any time, Wood Mackenzie may disable one or more user names or passwords or otherwise deny a User access to the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform.
- Third Party Links.The SCIP Site may contain links to third-party web sites not under the control or operation of PowerAdvocate. PowerAdvocate does not endorse these third-party web sites, and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. You may provide a hypertext link to the SCIP Site on another web site, so long as such link is done in good taste and does not create the false appearance that Wood Mackenzie is associated with or sponsoring the linking web site. The use of techniques to frame the SCIP Site within a third-party web site is not permitted under this Agreement. Wood Mackenzie reserves the right to revoke its consent to any link at any time in Wood Mackenzie’ sole discretion.
THE RISK INTELLIGENCE PRODUCT INCLUDES INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES THAT WOOD MACKENZIE USES IN COMBINATION WITH ITS OWN PROPRIETARY DATA TO DEVELOP INSIGHTS AROUND POTENTIAL SUPPLIER DISRUPTION AND OTHER RISKS. PARTICIPATING COMPANIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING AND CAN BE INACCURATE OR UNTIMELY. IN ADDITION, SUCH INFORMATION MAY DIFFER FROM, AND/OR BE INCONSISTENT WITH, INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES AND MAY BECOME UNAVAILABLE. WOOD MACKENZIE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO EITHER THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR ONGOING AVAILABILITY OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION OR THE INSIGHTS DERIVED USING SUCH INFORMATION.
- Confidential Information and Privacy.The SCIP Site facilitates communications between Participating Companies that may include their respective confidential and proprietary information and/or personal information. Wood Mackenzie recognizes the importance of protecting confidential and proprietary information and personal information of Participating Companies collected or posted on the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform and of not disclosing such information to unauthorized third parties. As such, Wood Mackenzie enters into confidentiality agreements with Wood Mackenzie customers that contain Wood Mackenzie’s sole obligations concerning the treatment of confidential or proprietary information collected or posted by that customer on the SCIP Site. For information regarding Wood Mackenzie’s treatment of personal information submitted in conjunction with use of the Solutions, see the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform Privacy Statement found at ; for information regarding Wood Mackenzie’s treatment of personal information submitted in respect to use of the non-password protected areas of the SCIP Site, see the Privacy Statement found at
- Intellectual Property.“Wood Mackenzie”, “Spend Intelligence”, “Contract intelligence”, “Cost Intelligence”, “Market Intelligence” and “Sourcing Intelligence” are registered trademarks of Wood Mackenzie. In addition, “Supply Chain Intelligence Platform”, “Supplier Intelligence” and “Risk Intelligence” are trademarks or service marks of Wood Mackenzie. Unless otherwise noted on the SCIP Site, all other trademarks, service marks, and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. All ownership rights -- including all right, title, and interest in all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights -- in the SCIP Site, including any software associated with the operation or functioning of the SCIP Site, are and will remain in Wood Mackenzie, its Affiliates and/or its licensors. You and each Participating Company will not undertake to copyright, trademark or patent the SCIP Site, or any portion thereof. You and each Participating Company acknowledge that all or portions of the SCIP Site (including the software and methodologies associated with the operation or functioning of the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform) may be copyrighted, trademarked or patented by Wood Mackenzie or another party. You and each Participating Company acknowledge that no such act will cause or be construed as causing any portion of the Supply Chain Intelligence Platform to be in the public domain. You and each Participating Company will not, and will not attempt to, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the SCIP Site, or permit or cause any third party to do so on your behalf. Any changes, advice, modifications or evaluations of or concerning the SCIP Site generated or proposed by any party will be the exclusive property of Wood Mackenzie and will not give any one other than Wood Mackenzie any right, title or interest in or to the SCIP Site. All ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques relating to the use, operation or functioning of the SCIP Site will be the exclusive property of Wood Mackenzie or its licensors. You and each Participating Company are granted only a limited, revocable, non-transferable license to print and download portions of any materials created by Wood Mackenzie (“Wood Mackenzie Materials”) and posted on the SCIP Site solely for internal, non-commercial use, provided that any copyright notice and any other notices that appear on any such copies are maintained and unmodified. Any other use, copying, redistribution, publication, or retransmission of any portion of any Wood Mackenzie Materials on the SCIP Site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Wood Mackenzie. All Wood Mackenzie Materials on the SCIP Site are, and shall continue to be, owned by Wood Mackenzie. Each Participating Company shall also maintain any copyright notice and any other notices that appear on any materials created by any third party and posted on the SCIP Site. PowerAdvocate retains all rights to any data, modules, components, designs, utilities, subsets, objects, program listings, tools, models, methodologies, programs, systems, analysis frameworks, leading practices (“Technical Elements”) owned or developed by Wood Mackenzie prior to, or independently from, the provision of the SCIP Site (and any modifications or enhancements to Wood Mackenzie’s Technical Elements developed in the course of providing the SCIP Site) (collectively, “Wood Mackenzie Technical Elements”) and Wood Mackenzie retains exclusive ownership rights to all Wood Mackenzie Technical Elements. Wood Mackenzie retains all rights to its knowledge, experience and know-how (including processes, ideas, concepts and techniques) acquired in the course of providing the SCIP Site, and, subject to the confidentiality obligations in the separate contracts referenced in Section 8, you and each Participating Company hereby grant to Wood Mackenzie and its affiliates a perpetual, worldwide, paid-up license to use, copy, modify and/or sublicense, in the course of Wood Mackenzie’s business, any Technical Elements acquired or developed as a result of providing the SCIP Site.
- Contact Information.“Contact Information” shall mean any and all business contact information (name, employer, business address, business phone numbers, business email address, etc.) that you provide to Wood Mackenzie during registration for the Wood Mackenzie Supply Chain Intelligence Platform or during any other use of the SCIP Site. During registration, you shall provide -- and Participating Company shall ensure that its Users provide -- true, accurate, current and complete Contact Information. During registration or any other use of the SCIP Site that collects Contact Information, you will ensure that all Contact Information is business contact information only and is not private home contact information. Wood Mackenzie uses the Contact Information only in furtherance of, and consistent with, the SCIP Site and otherwise in its normal course of business. By providing your Contact Information, you provide your consent to Wood Mackenzie’s contacting you by email or telephone in its normal course of business, including to determine your interest in any Wood Mackenzie offerings. For information regarding Wood Mackenzie’s treatment of personal information submitted in conjunction with use of the Solutions, see the Wood Mackenzie Supply Chain Intelligence Platform Privacy Statement found at ; for information regarding Wood Mackenzie’s treatment of personal information submitted in respect to use of the non-password protected areas of the Site, see the Privacy Statement found at
- Amendment.Wood Mackenzie may modify this Agreement from time to time by posting the modified Agreement on the SCIP Site. Any use of the SCIP Site after the posting of the modified Agreement constitutes that User’s and that Participating Company’s agreement to be bound by such modified version of this Agreement. Wood Mackenzie reserves the right to change the SCIP Site at its discretion at any time. Wood Mackenzie may add or remove features, services or otherwise modify the SCIP Site, all without any liability whatsoever.
- Miscellaneous.Any notice, report, approval, or consent required or permitted under this Agreement shall be in writing and in the English language. Notices to Wood Mackenzie may be sent to Wood Mackenzie, 179 Lincoln Street, Boston, MA 02111, Facsimile: 857-453-5656, Attention: Joseph Levesque. No failure or delay in exercising any right under this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any partial exercise of any right or power under this Agreement preclude further exercise. If any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. For all purposes under this Agreement, each party shall be and act as an independent contractor of the other and shall not bind nor attempt to bind the other to any contract with third-parties. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer, or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended nor created by this Agreement.