Report summaryMining and smelting commenced at Bor in 1904. At commissioning the smelter used water jacketed shaft furnaces as the prime smelting units. In 1934 a completely new smelter was constructed using seven shaft furnaces and six converters and by 1940 had a capacity of 43kt/a copper. Subsequently, reverberatory furnaces were installed to replace the shaft furnaces and, by 1972, the capacity had reached 130kt/a copper in anode. In 1979 an oxygen plant was added which effectively increased...
This report includes 2 file(s)
- Bor copper smelter PDF - 837.72 KB 8 Pages, 9 Tables, 4 Figures
- Bor copper smelter.xls XLS - 478.50 KB