The smelter was commissioned in 1927 with two coal fired, calcine charged reverberatory furnaces. In 1957 a wet charged, coal fired reverberatory furnace was added to treat custom concentrates. By 1970 economics dictated a change from coal to oil firing and in 1984 natural gas was made available as an alternative to oil. The Noranda reactor was installed in 1973 and operated with two reverberatory furnaces. Experiments with oxygen enrichment led to the installation of the large oxygen...
Table of contents
Tables and charts
This report includes 13 images and tables including: