The refinery is located at Kosaka, Aomori prefecture, and has excellent road and rail links. The tankhouse was commissioned in 1902 with a capacity of 9kt/a cathode and was gradually expanded to 53kt/a cathode by the early 1980s. In October 1996 a US$7M expansion was commissioned which increased capacity to 60kt/a. The expansion was achieved by the addition of 40 commercial cells and increases in current efficiency and current density following the installation of an anode preparation...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: