The refinery is located at Legnica, approximately 60km west of Wroclaw. It was commissioned in 1954 with 168 cells and a capacity of 38kt/a cathode to refine anodes produced at the adjacent smelter from scrap and imported blister. It was expanded to 50kt/a cathode in 1968 and to 73kt/a cathode in 1974. By the early 1980's capacity had reached 85kt/a and in 1997 it was increased to 88kt/a cathode by altering the liquor offtake to enable the addition of another anode/cathode pair to each...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: