The refinery is located at Montreal East, Quebec and has excellent road, rail and sea links. The plant was commissioned in 1931 with a capacity of 68kt/a and was gradually expanded to a capacity of 435kt/a by 1973. Capacity was subsequently eroded to 350kt/a but has recently been increased by improvements in operating and management practices. A small tonnage of cathode is melted and cast as billet on site. Anode slimes are treated on site for the recovery of precious metals, selenium and...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: