The refinery is located at Pori, 30km from the Harjavalta smelter that supplies the anodes for refining. The plant has good road and rail links. The refinery was commissioned in 1941 with a capacity of 10kt/a cathode. Subsequently, it was expanded several times to give a capacity of 45kt/a by the mid-1960s. In 1981, the capacity was increased to 70kt/a by the installation of periodic current reversal. In May 1993, Outokumpu announced a major expansion of the Harjavalta copper and nickel...
Table of contents
Summary and key issues
Tables and charts
This report includes 8 images and tables including: