Lower oil prices and a call for increased returns from shareholders has caused a subtle shift to occur in the upstream oil and gas industry. Investors in this low price environment must ask themselves: what sub-plays and companies will drive growth and value in North America’s key plays?
This Upstream Oil and Gas Key Play report provides detailed information on key companies, production, cost structure, well performance, reservoir metrics, information and much more. Projects are broken down to the phase level to help you better understand key sector issues.
If you're interested in seeing each play broken into distinct sub-play areas, this report is your definitive guide. It helps potential investors, governments and companies in the oil and gas sector benchmark company performance within sub-plays as well as understand where the best areas are within a play and why.
Wood Mackenzie's analysts look at 15 plays and 150 sub-plays across North America. We provide in-depth, forward-looking data and analysis backed by our robust proprietary database of trusted research to help you develop profitable strategies. Our analysis gives you the information you need to navigate the ever-changing challenges of oil and gas exploration so you can make key commercial decisions.
- Key facts
- Summary and key issues
- An overview of the geology of the play as well as high level valuation and reserves metrics. Historical drilling activity is also examined
- Type well assumptions and sub-play comparisons
- A detailed examination of our type well assumptions for each sub-play as well as historical IP30 rates for each sub-play
- Outlook: drilling activity, production, and competitiveness
- This includes a detailed drilling and production forecast for oil/condensate, NGLs and natural gas within the play. An economic and reserves comparison between other North American plays is also included
- Operator benchmarking and market access
- A comparison of operator metrics within our coverage universe, including production and drilling forecasts. Projected breakevens and remaining value for each operator are also analysed. We also examined proppant volume and frac stage trends for Duvernay operators. A high level of Duvernay infrastructure and potential pinch points for development is also provided
- Sub-play analysis
- In-depth analysis on seven Duvernay sub-plays