Report summaryOver the next decade, 35 PSCs will expire in Indonesia. These licences account for over one million boe/d of production in 2016, with a remaining value of US$10 billion. The lack of clarity on licence extensions and the scale of production at risk, make expiring PSC one of the biggest issues facing Indonesia's upstream sector.
We believe it unlikely that PERTAMINA can absorb all these assets. A range of upstream opportunities could therefore be made available, with something for every kind of operator - no matter the size or focus. We group these opportunities into four categories:
• Mature project with upside
• Enhanced Oil Recovery projects
• Late-life assets
• Discovered Resource Opportunities
We analyse the potential within each category and the type of company that could pursue them. The data behind our analysis is available as a Power BI download, allowing you to dig further into it.
This report includes 3 file(s)
- Indonesia's expiring PSCs: US$10 billion of potential upstream value PDF - 312.04 KB 7 Pages, 2 Tables, 2 Figures
- Indonesia expiring PSCs data.xls XLS - 206.50 KB
- Indonesia PSC PowerBI.zip ZIP - 947.32 KB