Spanning the supply and trading of oils, condensates and gas streams to the marketing of fuels, feedstocks, chemicals fibres and polymers, the downstream segment offers a diverse range of business models, opportunities and challenges globally.
The structural transition to a 'lower for longer' oil price environment has increased focus on the downstream value chain as a source of earnings that can offset upstream volatility and uncertainty.
Navigate commercial challenges
Achieving sustainable profitability depends on access to growth markets and resilience to external forces. Our expert downstream consultants work with you to identify strategic opportunities and find solutions to problems, spanning:
- Fluctuating feedstock availability
- Feedstock and product price volatility
- Increasing competition in globally-traded markets
- Reduced demand growth slow-down through efficiency improvements and energy substitution effects
- Challenging and ever-changing regulation