Navigating uncertainty in the transition to a carbon-free world
Join us on 20 July at the Marriott Hotel in Brisbane, Australia for the 13th edition of Wood Mackenzie’s Coal and the Future of Energy Conference to hear the latest insights from the mining and renewables industry as coal navigates in the transition to a carbon-free world. Will low-carbon solutions accelerate the replacement of coal or help secure its legacy?
This is your opportunity to gain valuable insights from subject matter experts at Wood Mackenzie and industry representation from mining companies, mine operators, mining equipment, technology and service (METS) providers, power, finance and investment.
Interested in speaking at the event? Please reach out to Sarika Sareen for further information.
The event is free to attend for Wood Mackenzie clients and subscribers. Contact our Customer Manager, Melody Wee on firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
If you are not a Wood Mackenzie client or subscriber, tickets are available at $AUD 695 per person
A ticket to attend includes:
- Exclusive and inspiring insights from the Wood Mackenzie team of subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities where you can make essential connections and have crucial conversations
- Access to the event app: prepare for the event and gain the most from the programme and venue on the day
- Refreshments and lunch
- Recap on the essential information with speaker presentation downloads (where permission has been given) post-conference
Brisbane Marriott Hotel
515 Queen St, Brisbane City
QLD 4000, Australia
Discounted accommodation rates are available for all forum attendees
You can find the hotel booking link in the event confirmation email
Located in Brisbane, Australia, the charming capital of Queensland, Brisbane Marriott Hotel invites you to experience a stunning mix of serenity and cutting-edge urban style. Enjoy our prime location in the CBD next to the Brisbane River. Visit nearby sights like South Bank, the Brisbane Showgrounds, Suncorp Stadium and Queen Street Mall. Find out more
2023 Exciting Themes
- Macro-economic outlook: assessing the landscape for thermal & metallurgical coal
- Fundamentals of the coal trade: Forecasting prices, demand & supply
- Penetration and costs trends for renewables and storage
- Benefits and limitations of low carbon technologies in Industry (CCUS and hydrogen)
- Policy evolution shaping coal’s role in the energy mix (including Carbon pricing)
- Investment deficits: Implications for mining and the energy transition.
- Australian decarbonisation: new policy and industry response
- Challenges to emissions reduction in steel.
- Be part of a global network to connect, learn, and share with the Wood Mackenzie team, key industry leaders and fellow peers from the coal and energy industries
Vice President, Metals and Mining Research
Principal Consultant, APAC Metals & Mining Consulting
GM Corporate Development
Principal Analyst - Coal Research
Vice President – Energy Consulting, Asia Pacific
Executive Chair and CEO
Coal Market Analyst
Flor Lucia De la Cruz
Principal Analyst, Hydrogen & Emerging Technologies
Chief Financial & Marketing Officer
General Manager- Strategy and Development
Director Metals & Mining Consulting
Co-Founder and Managing Director
Chief Commercial Officer
General Manager and Company Secretary
Head of Power & Renewables Consulting APAC
Principal Analyst APAC Thermal Coal Research