About the conference:
Navigating near-term volatility whilst investing for long-term sustainability
Our flagship conference for EMEA combines integrated analysis across Thermoplastics value chains to deliver a clear view of the bigger picture underpinned by in-depth market analysis.
Hear from our experts and selected senior industry leaders about how the market is developing in response to:
- Rolling crises including the pandemic, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and soaring energy prices
- The shifts underway in PA66 markets, from shortage to overcapacity
- Sustainability strategies for the Thermoplastics industry
The conference will include sessions focused on feedstock, polymer, and key application markets, deep dives into emerging trends and technologies, and discussions on the hottest topics facing the industry.
Conference ticket options:
Single registration €995
Group discount (3+ attendees) €895.50
In-Person Day - Venue Details & Covid-19 Health and Safety Policy
Hotel Dorint Kurfürstendamm Berlin
Augsburger Str. 41,
10789 Berlin, Germany
Wood Mackenzie Event Health & Safety Guidelines/Policies*
Wood Mackenzie is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all event participants. Our decisions and preventive measures will be guided by the requirements and recommendations of the Health and Safety Executive and the UK Government. We are working with One Moorgate Place on implementing preventative measures to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 at the conference. Preventive measures include:
- Attestation of vaccination from all Wood Mackenzie employees and event attendees
- Masks are strongly encouraged by all event participants at all times
- Enhanced sanitisation of meeting and exhibit spaces
- Extra venue space to allow for social distancing in meeting space
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the meeting and exhibit spaces
- Masks and testing kits will be available if needed
The responsibility for a safe and healthy event environment is shared among the event organiser, venues and every participant. All participants are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions Wood Mackenzie is implementing to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
As part of your responsibilities, you should not attend the event if you:
- are experiencing, or within the 10 days prior, have experienced signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- have traveled to any high COVID-risk area in the last 10 days
- believe that you may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by the health care team responsible for your treatment.
Conference attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 2 days after the event. Should any positive cases be reported, Wood Mackenzie will communicate this information to all registered participants. Any private health or personal data received will be treated as confidential.
Please note that by checking the box during the online registration process, you agree to adhere to the precautions and policies above and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, by attending this event. You understand that refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from the event and cancellation of the registration, without receiving a refund.
*All Wood Mackenzie policies are subject to change. Should changes be made, a notification will be sent to all registered attendees.
- Hear from our industry experts and guest speakers as they present integrated analysis across thermoplastics chains
- Have access to 8 deep-dive sessions covering Polyamide Intermediates, China Market, Crude Oil to Base Chemicals, Ammonia Market, PA6, PBT, Fibres and Automotive.
- Be part of a global network, connect, learn and share with attendees across the world - gain access to industry peers via our event communities and 1:1 meeting tool
Who should attend?
Chemicals Manufacturers, Institutional Investors, Investment Banks, Packaging Companies, Brands, Converters, IOCs, Logistics and Transportation Companies.
How can the polyamide industry succeed in the face of continuous disruption?
In recent years the polyamide industry has been rocked by an unprecedented series of crises which have put a strain on the fundamentals of this industry. Rising energy and feedstock prices, accelerated regionalization, demand disruption, and the transformation of the automotive sector all pose challenges to players across the value chain. What strategies are necessary to survive and thrive in this disrupted world?
What does the switch to overcapacity mean for the PA66 industry, and the wider value chain?
With a short market since 2018 – and consequent high prices across intermediates and PA66 – the industry now stands on the cusp of a new operating reality, posing a series of difficult questions. How will the transition from shortage to overcapacity occur, and at what speed? Are we at the dawn of a new ADN and HMD tsunami from China? What will this all mean for the prices of PA66 polymer and its intermediates?
How do major environmental challenges directly or indirectly impact polyamide or PBT?
A growing number of environmental factors are already impacting thermoplastics and promise to transform this industry from top to bottom. Physical or chemical recycling, bio-sourcing of intermediaries, and the impact of biodegradable polymers in thermoplastics are all challenges or opportunities to be dealt with without delay.
Consultant – Chemicals, Polymers & Fibres
Quentin de Carvalho
Head of Thermoplastics
Head of Road Transport
VP Refining, Chemicals and Oil Markets, Downstream Global SME
Managing Consultant - Thermoplastics/Nylon
Managing Consultant, Thermoplastics
Principal Research Analyst, Chemicals of the Energy Transition