Flame 2019 Knowledge Partner Workshop
As knowledge partner for Flame 2019 we look forward to welcoming attendees to the China Workshop as we take a deep-dive into the world’s most important gas market.
If you'd like to meet any of the team or to receive an executive summary of key points from our FLAME presentations after the conference, please complete the form at the foot of this page.
Welcome and introduction (14:10 - 14:15)
Gavin Thompson, Vice Chairman Asia Pacific Energy, Wood Mackenzie
Special Feature 1 – Debating the potential outcomes in the Chinese gas and energy sector (14:50 - 15:20)
- James Henderson, Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES) will offer the OIES perspective on the Chinese market with a focus on the role of Russian pipe export.
- Anne-Sophie Corbeau, Head of Gas Analysis at BP, will offer her view on the China gas/LNG market and its implications on global LNG dynamics
James, Anne-Sophie and Miaoru will debate different potential outcomes in China and the impact these could have on the global gas market
Moderator - Massimo Di-Odoardo, Vice President Global Gas and LNG Research, Wood Mackenzie
The rising importance of China in Global Gas and LNG dynamics (15:20 - 15:35)
- Scale and risks for LNG demand growth in China
- Chinese NOCs and Emerging Players exposure to LNG projects: where, how and how much more?
- China LNG demand growth and implications on global gas/LNG dynamics
Speaker - Massimo Di-Odoardo, Vice President Global Gas and LNG Research, Wood Mackenzie
Special Feature 2 – What does China want from its international gas suppliers? (15:35 - 16:05)
- Gavin Thompson will chair a discussion with industry guest speakers with deep China market experience – Mr Andrew Seck, Vice President of LNG Marketing & Shipping with Anadarko Petroleum Corp. and an additional guest speaker
- The discussion will focus on the appetite for pipeline gas and LNG in China, how Chinese buyers think about imports and expectations around market development
- Gavin will also invite questions from the audience
Closing remarks and workshop close (16:05)
Gavin Thompson – Vice Chairman, Asia Pacific Energy
Massimo Di-Odoardo – Vice President Global Gas and LNG Research, Wood Mackenzie
Miaoru Huang - Senior Manager - China, Asia Pacific Gas, Wood Mackenzie
James Henderson, Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES)
Anne-Sophie Corbeau, Head of Gas Analysis at BP
Andrew Seck - Vice President of LNG Marketing & Shipping, Anadarko Petroleum Corp.