Metaxylene & purified isophthalic acid study
Assess the risks of tight supply and obtain insights on capacity and forecast demand for purified isophthalic acid (PIA) and metaxylene.
Discuss your challenges with our solutions experts
Contact an Expert
For details on how your data is used and stored, see our Privacy Notice.
Global demand for purified isophthalic acid (PIA) for use in PET resin and other products is growing robustly. The addition of metaxylene production capacity – the key PIA feedstock – has recently picked up to provide for PIA capacity additions after several years of stable market dynamics for both commodities.
Wood Mackenzie’s proprietary data and industry-leading analysis on metaxylene and PIA markets benefit clients with a clear view of global supply/demand of this complex market. Our country-by-country trade data is designed to help to evaluate how current overcapacity will affect prices over the medium term.
Features at a glance
Metaxylene & PIA long-term Service
Optimise your commercial strategy with an integrated view of long-term market dynamics and strategic insights of global chemical markets.
The metaxylene and PIA market witnesses a series of changes in pricing, global trading, downstream demand and producers. Our prestige metexylene and PIA long-term service provides a better grasp of market movement and help to make investment decisions.
The metaxylene and PIA long-term service consists of:
- Existing capacities and future projects in all regions and countries between 2005-2040.
- Dynamics analysis on metaxylene and PIA supply and demand in more than 40 countries and key regions.
- Annual price and spreads history from 2010 and 20-year outlook for the key regions.
- Global summaries and industry highlights, including product trade analysis and discover how capacity additions may change future trade flows in a written report
- Functional charting dashboard to enable easy generation of charts for analysis and client reports
- Assess the risks and implications of new metaxylene supply and obtain insights on where and when new capacity will be built
- Build a clear view of global supply/demand and country-by-country trade to evaluate how over-capacity or tight capacity will affect prices over the medium term
- Understand PIA demand growth into the differentiated end-product segments
- Test your perspective against analysis on floor price mechanisms for PIA and metaxylene