Subsurface Data & Analysis
Find and capitalise on the right opportunities with subsurface analysis that supports you for the complete life cycle of an asset.
The geo-energy space we support
Our Subsurface solutions are focused on core energy transition pillars, supported by a comprehensive global database and supplemented by real-time intelligence on activity and technology developments across the geo-energy space that move the dial. Our offer is purposefully designed to help our customers as they seek to build resilient and sustainable portfolios for the future.
Conventional petroleum resources
- Which basins or plays hold advantaged exploration opportunities to fit my strategy?
- Which explorers outperform and how?
- Which reservoirs worldwide are lithology, age and GDE analogues for my prospect or field?
- What reservoir, fluid and investment parameters control recovery factors?
- How do my field’s recovery factor and development well EUR benchmark against similar reservoirs globally?
Carbon and New Energies
- What potential CO2 storage sites lie within 100km of my emissions source / collection point and what is their storage capacity?
- What are the subsurface characteristics of the aquifers for known CCS projects?
- Where are candidate EOR projects in the Central North Sea?
- How can I keep up with latest developments in Geothermal Energy
- What sites might work for underground Hydrogen storage?
- How do completions strategies, reservoir parameters and vintage attributes affect type curves?
- Where are the production hot spots in each Lower 48 play?
- Which basins and plays will exhibit the sharpest production declines as new drilling tapers off?
- Which US shale producers are drilling the most capitally efficient wells?
- How do proppant, fluid, lateral lengths and completion stages compare across plays?
Subsurface-related products and services
Our global Subsurface database
- Reservoir properties, resource volumes and recovery factors for more than 100,000 conventional reservoirs in over 1000 plays in more than 350 basins
- Over 2 million well data records detailing formation tops, tests and targets
- More than 5 million reservoir-level attributes
- Nearly 4 million onshore US wells covering more than 100* unconventional plays
- Over 100,000 wells with detailed cost and completion analysis
- Detailed target and subsurface attributes for more than 100,000 wells
- Carbon storage capacity calculations for depleted fields in key regions
- Over 300 attributes detailing depleted fields and reservoir characterisation for storage